Apple’s internal communication states, “orders for whole unit service inventory of some iPhone 6 Plus models may be substituted to an iPhone 6s PlusWhere to buy 40820 41899 until the end of March 2018." It is not clear if all iPhone 6 Plus models needing whole-device repairs will be substituted with iPhone 6s Plus models. There is also no reason specified for the switch, however, the same could owe to a shortage of iPhone 6 Plus batteries till March 2018. Demand for battery replacements on iPhone 6 and later models recently shot up after Apple apologised for throttling iPhone performance due to degrading iPhone batteries and offered cheaper battery replacements.
The Cupertino based company now charges Rs 2,000 for users who wants to replace the batteries on their iPhone 6 or later phones. Apple previously charged about Rs 8,200 for the same.
An older report by MacRumors mentions another internal document by Apple stating that the company will be halting the production of iPhone 6 Plus models, which could also be the reason why the company is offering iPhone 6s PlusWhere to buy 40820 41899 replacements instead. If the report is to be believed, Apple may have to restart the production of the iPhone 6 Plus to service future replacement demands for the device.
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures