Xiaomi it tipped to unveil the Redmi Note 5 smartphone soon and we may have gotten our first good look at the device. A Weibo user has posted an image of the phone, which suggests that the Chinese company might opt for the 18:9 display aspect ratio. The also gives us a glimpse as to what we can expect from the hardware front. As per the image, the phone is tipped to come with a 4000mAh battery, 12MP rear camera, 64GB internal storage and a 5.99-inch FHD+ screen resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. The device runs MIUI 9, which is based on Android Nougat. It is also show to be powered by a Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625 SoC, which is the same chipset used by the Redmi Note 4 and the Mi A1 smartphones.
These specifications match up to the ones listed on Chinese certification website, TENNA. However, it was earlier assumed that Xiaomi would opt for the new Snapdragon 630 SoC instead of the Snapdragon 625. The new SoC is already being used in the Moto X4, which was launched in India a few weeks back.
Xiaomi should unveil and launch the Redmi Note 5 in India soon. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 was well received in the country since its launch in January this year. By August, the company says that it sold over 5 million units of the device and it currently claims that the phone is the number one selling phone in India. A recent IDC report also showed that Xiaomi was the fastest growing smartphone brand in India and was level with Samsung in the Indian smartphone market.
Besides the Redmi Note 5, Xiaomi has also teased the launch of a new device it calls “desh ka smartphone.” The new device is expected to be a low-cost smartphone which would compete with the likes of the JioPhone and the Micromax Bharat 1.
Top Smartphone Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures